Accent crdi back compression suggetion required

i have owned accent crdi 2004 with 1.1 lakh km driven in chandigarh city. the condition insise outside and engine looks very nice. but today i have gone to a local machenic because of low average 15km/ltr. he test drived the car and told me the clutch plated are needed. after that he opened the engine cork , the smoke was coming out of it, he told that the engine is giving back compression & needs to rebuild as soon as possible. so pls help me about it .

the pickup is very good .

car runs very smooth and silent .

no extra sound in engine.

the owner was a software engineer and he kept the car with his heart always serviced by authourised service station.

i was also gone to service station but the responce was not good. they told without check n test drive that car needs a service.

but the owner told me that he has got serviced the car two weeks before.

thanx in advance

While the presence of “smoke” at the crankcase vent is typically indicative of excessive combustion blow-by, it is not definitive. The next test that should be performed is a compression test. This will test the integrity of the piston rings that are responsible for sealing the combustion chamber from the engine crankcase. This is a fairly easy and quick test so there is no reason it would not be done prior to undertaking an expensive and lengthy engine rebuild.

The low miles/liter could be another indicator of a worn engine but there are a lot of other reasons for it as well.

I would suggest getting a second opinion on the car before trusting the first garage’s assessment.

Fisrt of all thanx for ur nice suggetion.
Another fact is my heart was broken & I was shocked by engine rebuild news

Well I dont know how can I perform this test at home. What things are required to do such test. Is it nacessary to take car to a machenic to perform this test

Thanx for ur opinion