Ac service high cost

The mats are rubber.

I’ll be taking it back to the dealership.

Also, the odor is stronger when the AC is blowing while car is off.

This means when I attempt to turn the car on, right before the engine starts up, the air from the AC vents is offensive.

A Lexus comes with carpeting— what happed to the original carpets? Why replaced with rubber floor covering?
If you mean you have mats over your carpets—remove them, then check. There may be mold growing under the mats.

2 Likes

The smell is directly coming from the AC vents. My floor mats are all weather. As for the car actual flooring, the carpet is nice and in new condition.

The AC air or fan air smells like junk, musky, rotten water or something like that. After it was serviced by Toyota, the odor lessened but hadn’t completely gone.

The fresh air button is next to the recirculate button, it has an arrow showing air entering the vehicle.

3 Likes

I appreciate your effort to help every time, as well as everyone else.

Thank you.

1 Like

Does anyone know why air is still coming through the car vents despite the ac is off? Warm air, which comes with an odor, is blowing in my face while the ac is off.

Btw. The car was taken back to the dealer today. So let’s see if the issue is resolved. I’ll keep this thread posted.

Thank you.

Update: The dealer said they didn’t find any problem with the car, that they didn’t detect the odor I was smelling. Oddly, after picking up the car today the odor is no longer present.

The ventilation system will flow outside air without heating or cooling it if the vents are open. The ventilation system fan also runs if you want it to without AC or heat.

Have you replaced your cabin air filter? If it is due (every 15k miles), I would recommend a charcoal infused filter. You can find them on amazon, they help.

Also you should probably get the evaporator drain blown out to make sure no water is collecting at the bottom of the evaporator. If you live in a humid climate, the passenger side floor will be wet or damp all the time if the drain gets clogged.

That is the reason why I never go to a dealership

I took my vehicle for its first maintenance earlier this week, and while I didn’t have to pay for that maintenance, I did notice the sign stating that labor is $303 per hr.

2 Likes

There are some things that only a dealership has the equipment to do . Plus the Ford dealership where we bought a vehicle has oil change prices that are competitive . So once again , blanket statements just do not always apply.

3 Likes

Cabin filter has been changed twice before the recommended interval.

Now that’s a bit high hourly rate, even for central Jersey.

It may well be “high”, but I haven’t recently compared labor rates with other dealerships in the area.

Toyota labor rate where I am from is $197 an hour.

I have done service on the car that resulted in $70 in parts and $400+ in labor. It’s ridiculous. The sad thing about this is that I cannot do any DIY task due to a medical condition.

It’ll be very soon people with severe health issues won’t be able to have a car.

1 Like

Wrong , health has nothing to do with vehicle ownership . The income level does have a bearing on that.

1 Like

You really do not understand do you ? We had work done on our Volvo , the parts were 250.00 but it took 10 hours of labor to install them . People or business’s do not work for free.

2 Likes

Interesting take on the matter, Volvo. I thought having health issues impact a persons ability to generate more income as things get extravagantly expensive. A few times I’ve seen you say things that seemed rather mind boggling.

2 Likes