AC Pressure Keeps Changing

Ok all good questions but I don’t know about the dye. And yes it did work intermittently. They had to order a new condenser so I’m taking it in this Wednesday. I’ll ask them to check the fan out too. Oh and when it would cut out it sounded like it was blowing but I couldn’t feel air coming anywhere not even the feet.

Like I said I don’t know much about cars but thank you all for your advice! I will say I do really like the service department at this Nissan so if replacing the condenser doesn’t solve the issue then I know they’ll take care of it. Just sucks because I’m moving in two weeks.

Condenser leak from a hole doesn’t make much sense to me either. @texases makes an excellent point.

and even if that is the case, that very well could have happened since March (that was at least 3 1/2 months ago,) and thus would not have been caught on a pre-sale inspection.

If the cooling is fine, as you say, it does not need a new condenser. The problem could be the doors and flaps in the ducts inside the passenger compartment, and the electrical or vacuum operated motors that open and close them, or with the controls on the dashboard.

It sounds like the evaporator coil was icing, that would block off the air flow though the vents.

It is possible that the low refrigerant level was causing the evaporator to ice up.

1 Like

Would low refrigerant level persist for a long time, or if there’s a leak wouldn’t it just about all be gone pretty quickly?

No, small enough leak makes for a period of reduced performance before compressor shuts down.

But a leak would have no effect on which vent the air was coming out, so something else is wrong.

1 Like

Certainly…

Hey everyone so I dropped the Rogue off today at Nissan. I asked about the fans and they said they checked every AC component. The fans are functioning and nothing else is wrong. I asked how large the hole was and they said it was very very small it took some time to find.

Here’s to hoping this fixes the issue. Crossing my fingers I can tell an immediate difference when I pick it up this afternoon. But it only happens after long drives so I won’t really know until next weekend when I drive down to Houston again.

After my long drive I will let everyone know how it holds up!

1 Like

Definitely will need the A/C down there!