Ac/heat stopped working

Ok so I just tried and when I turn on the ac I hear the fan go on and and when I move it from hot to cold back and forth it sounds kinda like how windshield wipers sound going across a dry window if that’s a good analogy.

No THAT is useful information! There is an electric motor that moves doors around in the AC and heat systems to direct air. When they fail, sometimes they make a cliiick-cluuunk-cliiick kind of noise. The device isn’t terribly expensive but getting to it may be a bit of a job.

Point that out to the next mechanic you take your car to. Look for a well rated independent shop (not Pep Boys or Firestone…). Ask friends and co-workers for referrals.

4 Likes

You think labor would be a lot?

Well I’m taking it to a mechanic like a block from my job. They did my oil change and they seem like a good place, gotta get my inspection done too so maybe I can ask them when I take it in. My co workers go there for everything and they don’t charge much. Plus we get a couple bucks discount for this place of employment or you think it’s better to shop around.

If your coworkers have had good results, its a good place to try.

1 Like

Thank you everyone, always appreciate the help