Abs and Traction control

When I start the car, the ABS light is always on but if I don’t hit the gas hard enough, the traction control light will not come on and I will lose all acceleration. I will have to stop and try to hit the gas again. Keep in mind, I do not have to hit the gas hard just enough to accelerate a bit quicker.

Is it bigger than a bread basket? Never mind. Not up for 20 questions this morning.

You have a problem get it diagnosed.

2 Likes

Yes, take it to a good independent shop, or a Ford/Lincoln dealership for diagnosis probably $130-150 fee, then have it fixed.
Depending on the age of your Lincoln, Ford was bad on not requiring brake&transmission fluid changes. Brake fluid should be every three years, transmission, every 30-50,000 miles.

1 Like

Get the ABS error codes read to start. I have no idea what you are getting at with the rest of your post.Traction control will be disabled when there is an ABS fault.

3 Likes

Concur w/good advice above, focus on resolving why the ABS light is coming on. The other problem will likely be solved automatically once the ABS issue is fixed.

1 Like