About fuel injector cleaner

No - it doesn’t say the injector is clogged.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0206

it says it is clogged so the tool is right

yes it dose it has number 2 fuel injector clogged

you have the wrong code
i dont know what the code is auto zone checked it

Here is your other thread where you delivered the P0206 code: http://community.cartalk.com/posts/list/2170392.page

Whatever, man. There is no code that will tell you that an injector is clogged. That might be what the person at Autozone said but they are not mechanics. You need a repair manual.

so the fuel injector needs replaced then

automechanic1993:
In the interest of saving yourself money and time, you might want to listen closely to cigroller’s advice and study the link he provides.

thats what im going to do so i need a new fuel injector then

does the fuel injector need replaced then

heres what the car dose it idles rough then when u put it in gear it gets worse and when u drive it over 35 it runs better

this is what i was thought
The fuel injector is the main actuator in a modern fuel injection systems. It is responsible for supplying the engine with fuel for combustion. In order to obtain the near perfect air/fuel ratio in today?s engines, the injector must meter and deliver a precise amount of fuel into the intake runners. The correct fuel flow and spray pattern can only be achieved, over a long period of time, through a well-maintained injector. In modern OBD II systems, injectors are closely associated with misfire code problems. There are many reasons why an injector could cause a misfire code.

A shorted injector coil that draws too much current, a bad injector driver, an ECM that cuts pulsation to the injector due to an overheating problem to keep the engine cooler and clogged injectors are all possible conditions that will set those persistent misfire codes. In some cases, as in an overheating engine, the problem is not the injector itself but some other condition that causes the injector not to pulse and therefore create the misfire. The vast majority of fuel injectors are ground controlled. This means that of the two wires going to the injector one is held at steady 12 ? 14 volts while the other lead is pulsed to ground by the ECM. This type of injector circuit is called negative trigger. There are, however, a few (European) manufacturers that have used positive or battery voltage trigger injector circuitry in the past. With positive injector trigger, the positive side is the one being triggered by the ECM.

I was also told by many mechanics and even a few engineers that Chevron or Techron is really the only fuel injector cleaner that works. No fuel injector cleaner will work miracles, as it sounds like your issue runs deeper, but will help most cars if used as a preventative maintenance.

i know its a fuel injector problem because the scan tool says it is

[i] it says number 2 injector clogged[/i]

[i] yes it dose it has number 2 fuel injector clogged[/i]

Not really. It says it is getting some sort of data that might indicate a fuel injector problem with #2 cylinder. It may be a fuel injector or may not. It may even be just a sensor. Getting the error code which is in the format [P1234] is only an indication that there may be a problem with something in chain of devices that are necessary to get fuel injected or something else.

It is sort of like having a fever, It may be a cold, or it may be swine flu.

it says you have to use it every 3000 miles

could my problem be corroded wires or the injector where you plug the wires in at

P0206 Means #6 injector control circuit. That basically means number 6 injector ELECTRICALLY CHALLENGED. That means the electric solenoid is bad in the injector, bad wiring to injector or bad injector driver in the computer. It could be any of these. It will need diagnosed, but at any rate, to check injector you will have to remove upper intake. There is no code going to tell you “plugged injector”.

so what do i need to check for when i take the upper intake off

First, check the pulse signal to the injector. If that is good , replace the injector…

Also, get a second opinion from a shop with a more sophisticated diagnostic computer

If nothing else, this thread has given me a few pretty good chuckles. :slight_smile:

“the scan tool says it is so”

How would I know that if you don’t put the information in your post?