About 4gallons of mixed gas in F150

If it’s 40:1 mix, add 16 to 20 gallons of gasoline. Now it’s 160:1 or 200:1. It may start after that. The best way is to drain the tank and start with fresh gas. That is the lowest risk to starting. Your choice.

1 Like

At the end of camping trips I would pour the remaining 2 to 3 gallons of ATV fuel, 20:1 into my trucks tank before driving home, it doesn’t affect the performance of the truck.

To drain the fuel tank based on speculation will cost several hundred dollars, to have the problem diagnosed will cost less.

The story here lacks detail, I wonder if the engine failed to start, believed to be out of fuel, then the gas can was retrieved from the shed and fuel added, now still won’t start.

4 Likes

Diesel engines don’t use spark plugs at all…they use compression to increase the temperature to cause the diesel fuel to spontaneously combust. The glow plugs are used primarily on cold starts to increase the temperature in the cylinder so they engine is able to start. They don’t run continuously, though they do kick in to bring the cylinder temperature back up if it starts to dip too low.

That is what I was wondering…