A new name for Fiat-Chrysler

I’ll be surprised if any car is made with Stellantis on it. I bet it’s just a corporate name, to avoid conflict over which prior name was appropriate.

1 Like

Agree, Stellantis won’t appear on the trunklid of any cars. This is the umbrella name for the collection of brands under it.

As @texases points out… corporate name. Likely chosen so as not to upset the Italians, Germans, French, and Americans working on their respective brands.

In the early 60’s GM was planning a compact car that was to be sort of a combination of the Valiant and the Comet. They planned to call it the Vomet and make “bucket” seats standard.

1 Like

I always heard it was a Volvo and a Comet—very funny when you are eleven.

And NASA stole the name and made the Vomit Comet.

Imgur

Desoto had a model in the late 40s that came with a large wood and metal roof rack on top. I know it came as a 4 dr sedan and may have come as a station wagon… The idea was that you could put all your luggage on top and sleep in the vehicle. It was called the “Traveler” kind of similar in concept to wanderer.

My favorite DeSoto of the 40’s was the “SkyView” taxicab used in New York City. My uncle had a fleet of over 300 of them, and continued using Chrysler products exclusively into the 60’s.