97 Infiniti I-30

My car with 127K miles just started giving me a hesitation in starting. I have to turn the key all the way and hold it before it starts and it’s only blowing out cold air. The first time it did it my temp gauage read 22*F. What do you think the problem is.

I just want to confirm that you do realize that any vehicle is going to blow cold air when it is first started after sitting unused for several hours, especially when the temperature is down to 22 degrees, correct?

If you don’t realize this, congratulations, you have learned something new today.

If the real issue you are concerned with is it being slow to crank the engine, or taking a long time of cranking to get the engine to start, you might need to replace the battery, the spark plugs, the spark plug wires, the air filter, or a combination of these items.

BC.

Thanks and I am aware of the temp gauage but it was only 60F and that was the first time I have ever notice that temp reading. Furthermore, the temp is manual to automatic and it will only allow adjustment from 65F and above. I will however replace the batter and air filter since I recently had a tune-up. Thanks

Okay, lets forget about the settings that you can set your heater controls to for the moment.

If you just had a “tune up” done, then you might not need the air filter changed, as that should have been included. You should have someone look at your air filter, and see if it needs to be replaced. If you have a good neighbor, this might be the easiest way to go about having it checked.

As for the battery, it might be a good idea to test the one you have currently, before committing to replacing it. If you take your car to an Auto Zone, or a Pep Boys, or an Advanced Auto Parts store, or some other place like that, they will just about always test your battery for free, before selling you a nice new one.

This might be worthwhile to look into first.

BC.

Thank you so much for your expert advice.

A very confusing post. We have no Idea what you mean, we con only see what you type.