96 Dodge Caravan question

I have a 96 Dodge Caravan and what is happening is when I drive it, it does fine for about 15 minutes than it just cuts off and will not crank back up until you let it set for about 10-15 minutes. I have replaced the pick up coil and it still does the same thing. I was informed by a family member who works o cars that it sounds like the computer is bad. Does this sound correct or could it be something else. Please Help.

Buy one new spark plug. Carry the plug with you and the next time it does not start, get out and pull one plug wire off (pull on the socket part not the wire) put the new plug on that wire and hold the threads of the plug tight against the engine block while you have someone try to start the car. You should see a bright blue spark, and if you are not holding the plug with an insulated tool, you will also see stars! This can rule out a spark problem.

I doubt that the PCM is causing the trouble though it certainly is a possibility. It would be one of the last things to check due to the high reliability. More likely is a problem with the ignition system, as JEM pointed out, or the fuel system (fuel pump relay).

Another way to check for spark that is easier than the spare sparkplug trick is to use a non contact AC voltage tester that electricians use to test for live circuits. They fit a shirt pocket and cost about 20 dollars. If the tester gets within about a foot of a working ignition system it will light up. To check for a fuel problem you can try sraying a small anmout of starter fluid into the intake and see if that makes the engine fire.

I have a 97 that had the same trouble. I was also told it was the computer. I had no codes showing. I fixed it with a crank position sensor (cps). About 35 bucks and 30 minutes. That was 40k miles ago with no trouble since. It’s worth a shot, good luck.

It is interesting that there were no codes showing for that problem. This very well could be the same problem the OP is having alright.