95 Plymouth Tranny

For awhile, when driven a distance, Voyager van pulls severely to the right. Very random & mechanic couldn’t find anything. When it happens, driver turns steering wheel to far right and it would quit. Right after it did this New Year’s Day, vehicle ceased to move and grinds when gearshift engaged. Been told common problem w/ Chrysler products is a relay or sensor (inexpensive part) located in wheel well. Possible that rather than tranny?

I had a '94 but never even heard of this before being a common fault.

Anyway, I suspect you MAY have a broken motor or tranny mount.

So the tranny may be fine…just a problem with the mount? Would that be a huge difference in price from putting in a used transmission?

I would suspect one of the half shafts (Constant Velocity axles) has broken. If it is a broken joint, the boot covering that joint will be severly torn. It is also possible that the half shaft has pulled out of the transmission. One way to check for a broken or pulled half shaft is to put the transmission into Park and try to push the van. If you can roll the van forward or backward, you most likely have the above mentioned problem.

That’s probably what it is!!! We have to keep the emergency brake on at all times or it rolls. Thank you so much!