95 ford Taurus not starting, no noise

Yesterday the car will do like a half start and die. Second try start all the way. Got gas and did the same thing but I had to do it fifteen times!!! Got home and now it does not start and makes no noises. Air blows, lights are fine. Window goes up down. It just wont start. I cleaned the battery terminals. Still nothing. I cant take it to the shop. Low funds. Please let me know. I live in phoenix and its super hot and it might be a factor we lived in cold country for the last year.

With the ignition switch on, step on the brake pedal and shift the transmission into neutral and then try starting the engine.

If the engine starts, there’s a problem with the park/neutral safety/transmission range switch.

Tester

1 Like

how old is the battery?

It has been hot enough the last couple days in Phoenix to kill an already weak battery. If need be, pull it out and take it to an autozone and have it tested.

It did nothing.

For “won’t crank”, after cleaning battery posts, next step I usually do some voltage measurement directly at the starter motor. Are you equipped to do that?