94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Battery vs. Security System

I recently removed my battery in order to replace my right headlight. Since then, every time I try to start my car, the security systems activates and won’t allow me to. I’ve tried all the recommended ways of overriding the system but locking and unlocking doors, etc. I’ve been able to do so twice and get it to start but it just does the same thing the next time I go to drive it. I called the dealership and they told me to bring it in so they could reset the security system for $85. I don’t want to spend that much. Can’t I just unplug the system, if so how?

Are you using the keyfob to unlock the doors?

Do your best to negoiate a better price. Is the system a factory installed system? or a aftermarket dealer installed system? The factory system may be harder to “remove”. If it is a dealer installed system maybe someone else (car stereo shop)also uses the same product and will work on it cheaper.Find out the name of your system. Post back

The keyfob no longer works because it got wet a couple of years ago.

It is a factory installed system. I read somewhere online that there is a little black box under the dash that I can literally unplug?