'92 Camry Jerky Steering and Clunking Sound

I have a 92 Camry with 150k miles. Last time i drove it the car seemed to be trying to swerve itself back and forth. I was able to keep control, but had to apply pressure opposite the direction. The problem seemed to be worse at low speeds, or when I eased up on the gas. There was also a loud clunking sound that sounded like it was comping from the front right wheel. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this and what a reasonable cost to fix it might be would be greatly appreciated

Could be a number of things in the range of loose lug nuts to worn out bushings or bearings… Try to check how tight are lug nuts first. Then try to remove the wheel and see if you can spot anything worn out down there.

Unless I miss my guess, this vehicle is ‘an accident in search of a place to happen’. It’s just a matter of time.

There is a long list you need to consider but I’ll give you a few.

If the vehicle wanders as you say, there is a good chance the tie-rod ends are worn out or may have worn ball joints.

Other areas to check are the steering rack and pinion and bad shocks.

I recommend you get this vehicle into a reputable suspension/alignment shop for a complete inspection. (For your safety as well as those around you)

Cost depends on amount of work needed.

I recommend you get this vehicle into a reputable suspension/alignment shop for a complete inspection. (For your safety as well as those around you)

I totally agree.