840 Horsepower Dodge Coming To A Dealer Near You! It'll Jerk The Front Wheels And Go 0-100 in 5.3 Seconds

The Demon is a street car. Many street cars can do under 11 seconds from 0-60.

Many street cars can do under 11 seconds from 0-60

Heck, my old beater truck could manage that with a full load of wood pulling a loaded trailer :wink:
Only the cream of the crop can do the quarter mile in under 11 seconds.

2 Likes

Oh I agree the number is limited. But not zero. Almost every manufacturer has produced a car that can.

Mike, Iā€™m aware of that. The question is, does the NHRA allow those street cars to make more than 1 pass before theyā€™re not let back onto the track?

@Dakotaboy Why not go to the NHRA web site for an answer to that question.

Who says theyā€™re going to take it to the track? I suspect a very small percentage would even consider it.

When it comes to BRAGGING RIGHTS there is no limit to the imagination or the extremes

https://www.google.com/search?q=long+fingernails&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG4fm_gqzTAhUqiVQKHc1dA9YQsAQIJA&biw=1190&bih=578&dpr=1.2

and remember, ā€œhold my beer-now watch this.ā€

It is up to the officials at each track to enforce NHRA rules. I was once stopped on the return lane and told no more racing until I install a roll bar (the official stopped the wrong car).

I would expect anyone familiar with racing to properly prepare their car for the track. Vehicles must pass pre-race inspections and a car with this much potential may not be permitted on the track without proper equipment.

About the only place these cars could pull this off is on a VHT coated drag strip. On regular street blacktop, you wouldnā€™t have the traction to do this.
Anyone who has ever walked on a drag racing track is familiar with how your shoes stick to the pavement.

I could be wrong but the way I took the post was to point out that even where you are expected to run a car like this- they require serious safety equipment before they will let it run down the strip. So having this much power on the street (with turns and other cars coming at you), without any additional protection is questionable.

Iā€™ve gotten booted from the track as well. One pass in my recently modified car and on the return leg got flagged and booted. Too fast and no roll cageā€¦on street tiresā€¦ :grin: