3 car seats in the back

Baby number 3 is on the way and my wife and I need to decide what to do with my car. It’s a 2002 Cavalier (paid off). Will 3 child seats fit in the back? One child is in a booster and the next will be soon. What’s a good SEDAN if 3 won’t fit in my car? I drive 20K+ miles per year for my job and an SUV or minivan is NOT an option.

Yup, you’ve just outgrown your Chevy. There are lots of good larger sedans out there. Go shopping. Take three seats, if not three kids, with you.

Three child seats will NOT fit in the back seat of a Cavalier. Time for a larger car. There are lots of options. Have fun shopping.

I know you don’t want to hear this, but families with three kids are what minivans are designed for.

Look at a Mazda5. It’s not too big, it’s reasonably sporty, and still has room for all of your children.

Take a peek at Ford Taurus(recent generation) that has terrible depreciation but is very safe(Volvo chassis) and will fit 3 well. Another choice is the Mercury Grand Marquis/Ford Crown Vic which are quite comfortable and achieve decent fuel mileage on the highway.

Both choices I suggest assume used due to higher depreciation.

If you don’t have 3 seats already, borrow one from a friend and see if they will fit in your Cavalier.

try that out. Also, when car shopping, take all 3 with you and try to fit all of them into a car.
Also, what about this suggestion;
Keep your Chevy and have another vehicle for the car seats if they won’t fit or you don’t like the hassle of loading and unloading 3 car seats next to each other. Despite your misgivings, a minivan is probably your best solution

Maybe you should keep the Cavalier as you commuter/business car and get a minivan for use at home. I assume that FerretWoman has a driver’s license. I’m sure that cost is very important. We have a 2003 Olds Silhouette. You can get a loaded 2003 Silhouette Premium with 60,000 miles for about $7500 from a private seller; less than $8500 from a dealer. It’s more comfortable that it’s siblings, the Chevy Venture and Pontiac Montana. Test drive one and see if you can live with it. I’m not the lest bit sorry we bought ours.