2023 Volvo S40 - What fob battery?

What kind of battery does my key fob need?

That might be in your owners manual or if you have a Battery Plus store near you they will just put one in for you . I doubt you have a 2023 S40 .

2 Likes

The 2023 Volvo lineup is in production now and will begin arriving in retailers this summer. More information about mild hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric powertrains can be found at volvocars.com/us, where customers will be able to order and reserve their ideal Volvo online.May 4, 2022

Tester

Yes, but even if the OP already has a 2023 Volvo, in the extremely unlikely event that the key fob battery already needed to be replaced, it would be covered by the 3 year Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty. And, by the time that the original fob battery is dead, the OP should have had enough time to peruse the Owner’s Manual, which undoubtedly contains that information.

Then why would the OP be asking the question?

Tester

We can only guess, and my best guess is that she wants to be prepared when the battery does need to be replaced, most likely in 4 or 5 years. Hopefully she will have taken the time by then to look at the Owner’s Manual because it contains a lot of important info that is of a more immediate nature than the replacement–down the road–of the key fob battery.

The Volvo S40 was last made in 2012 , the 2023 will have a C40 Electric .

Hmmm… so it can’t be a 2023 model.
Did Volvo supply Owner’s Manuals for their 2012–and prior–models?
:wink:

Maybe a typo, 2012?

I think it was even offered on a searchable CD !! You know, so you can skip all the irrelevant stuff about oil,coolant, when to change what maintenance and get right to the real info, how to set the radio stations and what not. :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:

The original poster neglected to select the model year in the scroll down, quite obvious.

But they also put ‘2023’ in the question title.

1 Like

The moderator created the title from the Car Complaints post.

When my gf purchased her new Corolla, first thing she did was throw the owner’s manual in the garbage can … lol …

It’s wasn’t sufficient to simply ignore it if she didn’t want to read it at that point?

Here’s the URL for the owner’s manual. See page 124. The battery is a CR 2450 3V. You can also download the manual for future reference. The manual shows how to replace the battery too.

I’d use 2nd fob. Everyone has 2. Lost? Darn.

I’ve discovered it’s better to not ask this sort of question … lol … I expect the motivations were to save filing cabinet space, the manual is available online, and never used the prior manual.

Why would anyone keep their manual in a filing cabinet? If something unexpected happened on the road and someone wanted to try to understand the situation better, it would be pretty difficult to access that manual from a distance.

I had an experience where I was glad that the owner’s manual was in the glove compartment. I was returning from a convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota to East Central Indiana. My wife and one other colleague were along. We left about 3:00 p.m. and were driving straight through. We were in a Ford Windstar from our institution’s fleet. I took my turn at the wheel for the night shift. At about 2:00 a.m. in the morning, I was on an interstate that was going to be resurfaced and was down to one lane in the direction we were going. Furthermore, the toad had just been milled, so the vibrations woke up my wife and colleague. Suddenly, a warning indicator on the dashboard came on. I figured out that it was the low tire pressure indicator. There was no place to get off the interstate and the shoulder was closed. We finally reached an exit where we could get off and a station was open where we could each get a cup of coffee. I think the Windstar we were driving was probably a 2004. Neither of the vehicles we owned at the time had a low tire pressure warning. After we stopped, I kicked the tires and they seemed o.k. My wife got the owner’s manual out of the glove compartment and confirmed that it was the low tire pressure indicator that had come on and the manual provided instructions to reset the low pressure indicator which we did. It didn’t come back on for the remainder of the trip.
I learned later that on that model Windstar the system was tied into the antilock brake system and the milled pavement had tripped the low pressure indicator light. I was glad that the owner’s manual was in the glove compartment and the warning light could be reset so that I didn’t have to worry about a low tire.
The modern system that sends a signal through a transmitter in the valve stem is much better.