2023 Hyundai Santa Fe - Soft glass

Light scratches on the windshield of my car have never had a problem before on any of my cars and I have had many in the past 55 years many new ones and this glass scratches very easily have never used anything on it I have not used on my other cars

I would contact the dealer and or the manufacture,

2 Likes

Just a speculation, but maybe the windshield glass formula has changed a little compared to the past b/c of requirements for forward looking cameras, radar, etc. I believe newer vehicles with those functions require specialty windshield glass. I don’t recall any mention of a link to more easily scratched glass though. Driving in an area with wind-blown sand, or wipers need more water sprayed on windshield before use, other ideas. Above advice is excellent, since this is a new car, contact dealership w/your concern. In the meantime, suggest to spray the grit & dust off your windshield every few days with a garden hose.

OP might also try the forum search to see what others have posted about windshield scratches in the past, link upper right this page…

Car, stated by OP as a 2023 model, must be less than six months old: warranty!