2021 Hyundai Kona - Consumes oil

Same as above I have to put in 2 quarts to get it to its scheduled oil change

The engines in the subject vehicles may have been assembled using piston oil rings that were produced with inconsistent heat treating
by the piston oil ring supplier resulting in excessive oil ring hardness. Excessive hardness can cause chipping of the piston oil ring’s outer
periphery, which could lead to scuffing of the engine’s cylinder bore. A damaged cylinder bore could create accelerated oil consumption,

RCONL-21V301-3165.pdf (nhtsa.gov)

1 Like

The oil change interval from Hyundai is 7500 miles. If that is what you do (you don’t say) then that means you use one quart every 3750 miles., That is NOT a problem. All car consume a little oil. Some a little more than others.

Come back and complain when it consumes a quart every 1000 miles. Then we’ll talk.

6 Likes

I agree, but I really hope that the OP doesn’t wait until his crankcase is down by two quarts before adding oil. When I had a car that used a bit of oil between changes, I would replenish it as soon as it was down by 1/2 qt.

3 Likes

The key questions - how many miles between adding a quart? And has this interval been getting shorter? You’ll need both of those when you file a complaint with your dealer.

1 Like

Your oil change interval is 3,750 if you drive in any of these conditions:

3 Likes

So basically EVERY Hyundai should change oil at 3750! :laughing:

3 Likes

For sure! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a less-severe list of “severe” conditions.

1 Like