2021 Honda Odyssey- Radar on the blink

Two days ago a co-worker replaced a grill and performed the multimeter wave radar calibration. Five hours of labor, total bill was $1800, only 2000 miles on the vehicle. Repairs are cover by the warranty unless the failure was cause by an outside influence.

So don’t touch it, don’t even raise the hood.

You don’t have to have it repaired at the dealership you bought it from. Maybe another dealer has a loaner car or shuttle service that works for you.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why the dealer would be a so-called big hassle. Call, set up an appt. and drop by on the appointed time.

As for loaners, surely for a potentially free repair even sitting in a waiting room is not that big a price to pay.
Or why not drop the car off and catch a ride home with a courtesy car if available, friend, or an Uber, etc.

2 Likes

… or arrange with a friend to pick you up at the dealership and drop you back there later.

Your comment reminds me, I seem to recall deciding the location of the gadget on that recent-model-year Corolla may not be on grill, but instead be at the top of windshield, part of the rear view mirror assembly. So you may be right, the front collision avoidance function isn’t done by radar but uses cameras instead.