2019 Subaru Forester - Bad Paint

I have a 2019 Subaru Forester. I love it but the paint seems to be chipping very easily. It has little round pieces out of the paint. I have never experienced anything like this. Any advice or has a dealership ever addressed this issue?

is it paint chipping or the clear coating on top of the paint?

where is it chipping? is it the front of the car? if so it could be from stones hitting the car while driving.

Either way, it might be covered by your 36/36000 warranty.

2 Likes

The best way to find out would be to ask the dealer.

3 Likes

Very likely a warranty covered issue. Keep your images and keep your dealer work orders after you report it. That’s a bummer.

It is paint chip. Maybe from road but hardly have driven it. Thanks

Then it is up to YOU to touch up those paint chips before they become rust spots and then holes. Subaru will NOT warranty that kind of rust through, nor should they.

Touching up rock chips is just regular maintenance for any car. Maybe this one has softer paint, doesn’t matter, it is up to you to keep up on this.

4 Likes

you can find your vehicles paint color on a tag in the door jamb. then you can get a small bottle of touch up paint. it will come with a small brush inside attached to the cap.

2 Likes

It seems that Subaru paint is softer. My 2014 Legacy has a lot more chips than any other vehicle I have owned. I see this complaint on Subaru forums as well. It’s not covered under the warranty as it is a road hazard.

Bug bodies on the front also eat through this paint much faster too.