2019 Hyundai Genesis - Vibration problems

same problem, 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Tech, and new 2019 Genesis 5.0 … both have the vibration problem

Why start a post with “same problem”?
State the problem your vehicle is having. All you have posted is your vehicle, which should still be covered by the warranty, has developed some sort of unspecified vibration.

2 Likes

Vibration from…
the engine…
or from the suspension…
or… ?

While it is undoubtedly too late for your 2015 Genesis, the 2019 model may still be covered by warranty. If the dealership is unable or unwilling to help you, a phone call to the Hyundai corporate folks may yield a fix for your mystery vibration problem.

OP reads like the middle of a thread…

2 Likes

… or that the OP thinks that we are mind-readers…

:thinking:

1 Like

I knew you’d say that. :wink:

4 Likes

Many years ago, I was stuck in Ludington, Michigan for several hours while waiting for the ferry to Manitowoc, WI.
So, my friend & I decided to hang out as long as possible for lunch and several coffees at a little luncheonette in Ludington.

The waitress was a weird young chick, and every time that we ordered something–or even when my friend and I would talk to each other–she would blurt-out, “I knew you were going to say that. I have ESP!” She also treated the other customers to that shtick–constantly.

She was so hard to take that we hurried our lunch and had only one coffee. Sitting in my car was preferable to dealing with her banter. :upside_down_face:

I missed that the OP listed his vehicle first as a 2019 then as a 2015. Now, which is correct? After possibly six years, driving an unknown number of miles, could be one or more causes for an unspecified vibration.
In as much as this was posted in the “Ask Someone” category, we are unlikely to get a response from the OP.

We may never know for sure, but I think he is telling us that he owns both a 2015 Genesis with a vibration problem and a 2019 Genesis with the same problem.

3 Likes

maybe they both just needed wheel balancing.

He hasn’t yet told us what repairs–if any–have been attempted on both cars.

Maybe her other job was the town psychic.

… or, more likely, the town psychotic

:smirk:

1 Like

OP purchased a 2019 after experiencing an annoying vibration problem on a 2015 on the same vehicle? hmmmm … maybe OP can explain the motivation for the 2019 purchase?

Isn’t that an intriguing question!
:thinking:

1 Like

I get “Good Vibrations” when playing The Beach Boys.

3 Likes

Hi, in 2017 I purchased a brand new 2015 Hyundai Genesis Tech 3.8 AWD at Hyundai , the car vibrated at Hwy speed, had 2 set of 4 tires and 4 wheels (winter/summer), had them balanced 5 times, and the problem was still there, Dealer was no help. Sometimes it would vibrate like crazy at 60 km/h , my mental health was in jeopardy, and I was driving my wife crazy, So I sold the car after 1 year and only 20,000kms. 2 years later I bought a used 2019 G80 , 5.0 AWD from a Genesis dealer, the car was one year old. it came with New Continental tires in the back, I test drove it in the winter/snow , A slight vibration was noticeable, I mentioned it to dealer the tires were balanced again with same result , now 35,000 km later a new alignment and new tires (road force balanced) it’s getting way way worse. at 110km/h it’s nuts… my 4 Winter tires on new wheels have the same crazy vibration. Dealer said I should replace my 3 month old tires . I ordered new tires i will have them installed and if it still vibrates my next step will be to call Genesis Headquarter for advice. The car is still under warranty. For your info, I’m so ticked off at my car, I don’t want to drive it until it’s fixed, so I bought a used car and that’s what I’m driving until mine is fixed and the vibration is gone .

Have you been to a shop with a Hunter road force balancer?

1 Like

I had a service done this week, the dealer acknowledged that the vehicle vibrates. But they did not inquire because the rear tires need to be replace after 3 months and 16,000km , 3/32 and the front ones are still at 9/32.
I had my new tires installed at a Mercedes dealer, they have a road force tire balancer I’ll try to find out witch one they have…
tires and wheels were ok. but I still had a slight vibration. I was gonna live with it, but 3 months later it’s 10X worse, I purchased an APP for my phone (NVH for Android) $150, it measures (vibration noise and harshness), it detected rear tires and driveshaft vibration, I’m replacing my rear tires next week and if it still vibrates then it has to be a car problem… my next step is to call Genesis Headquarters for advice.

BTW the used car I bought to save my sanity until the vibration on the Genesis gets fixed , is a Nissan Versa 2009 , 91,000km, no name winter tires and it is super smooth on the Hwy.