2019 Honda CR-V - Thoughts

honda

what do you think about this car

0 Likes

What do you think about this car ?

Why do you ask ? Do you have one or are you wanting to buy one ?
If purchase is the goal then find all the online web reviews to help you decide.

0 Likes

Not into them at all.

0 Likes

Top-selling vehicle in America in the largest non-pickup segment (excluding fleets). A lot of people like it. Here is a review of the same generation.

0 Likes

The CRV and the Toyota RAV 4 are both top selling vehicles. In fact the RAV 4 is now outselling the Camry.

I would take the RAV 4 since it is still available with regular automatic while the CVR now has a CVT which has an unknown future with respect to reliability.

0 Likes

I’m looking at the Mazda CX-5, top-rated in several tests.

0 Likes

Additionally, the CX-5 has the best reliability of any of the compact SUVs.

0 Likes

Friends leased one, they like it. There was a problem with fuel getting into the oil. We test drove the cr-v and rav-4. The rav-4 was quiter for road noise and more comfortable for us. We will probbly buy it lease end.

0 Likes

As mentioned,the turbo could have oil dilution issues esp in cold climate. The CVT is better that the other CVT’s but is a CVT,

The new RAV4 has a noisier engine. Go test drive one. Also some new owners are complaining of harsh shifts on the transmission.

0 Likes

I know a few owners, the most recent bought a left-over 2018 LX because her husband didn’t want a turbocharged engine. The others with EX-L or better seem very satisfied so far after moore than a year of ownership.

If they’d introduce the Hybrid version for the USA I’ might convince my dad to upgrade from his 2007 CRV.

0 Likes

The April 2019 Motor Trend has an article comparing 8 small SUVs. The CR-V AWD (EX-L) was their top rated. 2nd Mazda CX-5. 3rd Subaru Forester, 4th Toyota RAV4…

1 Like