2019 Honda CR-V - don’t like the start-stop feature

I have a 2019 CRV-EX the only problem I have so far is on stop and go . the car hesitates or it takes a while to keep it going no matter how hard you push the gas pedal.

Most vehicles allow you to switch off the auto start/stop “feature”. Must be done each time you use your car.

2 Likes

If you want to know how to do that, read your owners manual, it tells you in there.

1 Like

There are sites on the internet that sell kits claiming to disable it permanently. But I would never ever go for that. Because you are fiddling with the cars system before the warranty is expired, and some of them are finicky. The only vehicle I’ve run across that does not allow you to turn it off ever is the GMC terrain, but I think the 2021 models put the option in to turn it off pre trip.k

1 Like

The 2019 CR-V does not have stop/start feature.

1 Like

Then the OP is probably talking about a hesitation. He just hasn’t answered to correct us.

1 Like

Cars.com didn’t like the 2019’s hesitation with the turbo 1.5L engine:
“The CR-V delivers competitive power overall, but despite its turbocharging and horsepower, it’s a laggard from a stop. “Stomp on the pedal and it does practically nothing for two or three seconds,” says Wiesenfelder. “So long as you don’t rush a left turn with oncoming traffic, you might not notice it, but learning that lesson can be hair-raising.””