2019 Honda Accord - CVT - New or same as prior?

honda

Has Honda improved their CVT transmissions in the 2018 & 2019 models over other years, or we still to expect problems?

I’m not in agreement with you that the Honda CVT has had more issues than any prior Hond automatic, but I can answer your question. I looked at the 2018 Accord Press release. The Accord is new in 2018 (and 2019 is a carry-over model year). Here is what Honda says about the transmissions in the new generation. Note that the 2.0-liter Accord has a geared 10-speed, not a CTV. The CVT is the automatic option in the 1.5-liter engine Accord. “The two new automatic transmissions take greater advantage of available torque while maximizing quietness and efficiency during highway cruising. The redesigned CVT has an 11-percent lower ratio compared to the previous generation version for more powerful launch performance, while the new 10AT is 22 lbs. lighter, with a 43-percent lower first gear and a 17-percent taller top gear compared to the previous generation Accord’s 6-speed automatic.”