2018 Accord vs 2018 Camry transmission

Deciding b/t a
CVT - Honda Accord 1.5T EX FWD 2018 – OR –
8 Spd Trans - Camery SE FWD 2018. Which is better of the 2 types of transmissions. I drive 20,000 miles a yr. roughly

Consumer Reports says both have much better than average reliability for transmission, major and transmission, minor.

Personally, I don’t want any car with a CVT transmission. Heard of too many issues with them.

Aside from that, though, I think you’re splitting hairs. Both are fine cars.

3 Likes

Surprisingly, carcomplaints lists ‘transmission’ as the number one complaint for the 2018 Camry, it’s way down the list for the 2018 Accord.

When you get a car with almost no complaints, something has ro be number one on the list.

1 Like

The majority of complaints for the camry’s transmission are for rough shifting. There is a TSB for a software update that some report improves things if not fixes the problem.

get the Camry .

1 Like

I looked at safercar.gov for issues with both. There are 2 recalls on the Honda, none for transmission. There are 333 complaints with no automatic transmission issues. There may be 3 manual transmission issues, since the dealerships report hard shifting between 2nd and 3rd gears.

There are 5 recalls for the 2018 Camry, none for transmission issues. There are 252 complaints. 28 of those complaints are for the transmission, mostly for rough shifting.

I like the Accord better as a car. But the Camry has the superior transmission IMHO.