2018 Toyota Highlander - Brakes Went Out

I have a 2018 Toyota Highlander with 14,000 miles and my breaks went out and a warning light came on saying I have low breaking power and I should take it to the dealer service center. They ordered the parts and after it arrived they still have the problem.

Well , first of all it is Brakes . Second you are under warranty so if your dealer can’t fix the problem look in your owners manual for corporate contact to elevate your complaint. Don’t have an independent shop do anything as that might void the warranty on this problem

4 Likes

The vehicle’s Bumper-to-Bumper warranty is still in effect, and it covers EVERYTHING on the vehicle–with the exception of “wear items”. So, as long as the brake problem isn’t the result of worn-out brake pads, then the repair will be covered–in full–by the warranty.

No matter what any of us might speculate as to the cause of the problem, the fact remains that warranty-related issues must be diagnosed and repaired by the dealership. If we told you to replace the “frammis”, and you told the dealership to do so, you would be on the hook for the full cost of repairs if that procedure didn’t resolve the problem.

If the problem remains after the dealership has worked on it, then you need to elevate your complaint to the manufacturer level. Contact info can be found in your Owner’s Manual. And, in a situation such as this, you should be firm in your request for a FREE loaner car.
:thinking:

Once it has been fixed, and I am certain that it will be; have the dealership explain exactly what went wrong and what was done to fix it. This will help restore your confidence in driving this vehicle.