2018 Subaru Crosstrek - Tell me about windshield calibration

windshield replacement & calibration

Replacing the windshield in many modern cars requires recalibration of cameras and other sensors, just part of what makes the job more expensive.

Your insurance should cover it. Do a web search for “auto glass near me” or use your zip code if you don’t have location tracking enabled. Most companies will come to you and do the replacement on site.

2 Likes

Make sure the glass repair guys use a type of glass that is compatible with the car’s sensors. It used to be as long as safety glass was used, and clear enough you could see through , that was the only requirement. Now with cameras, sensors obtaining their signals through the glass, it has to meet more stringent specifications. Established, experienced auto glass repair companies know all about this.

In case you find this helpful. How Much Does it Cost to Replace a Windshield - Car Talk

Subaru’s Eyesight system–like similar systems on other marques–needs to be recalibrated if the windshield is replaced. Safelite has the equipment to do this correctly, but small Mom & Pop glass shops might lack the equipment and training. In any event, the added cost for the calibration should be covered by your comprehensive car insurance.

1 Like

I think we have another drive by not to be heard from again.