2018 Honda CR-V turbos reliable?

what is the reliability of 2018 turbocharged engines after the oil leak problems of previous years

It is entirely too soon to answer that . And if you are concerned then don’t buy a Turbocharged vehicle.

1 Like

You never really know if a car or engine design is any good until it has been on the road 10 years. Every car company has a reputation based on what they used to build.

Honda’s new turbocharged engine has now been in the CR-V and Civic for a couple of years. The owner-reported problems with the engine oil being diluted with gasoline are mounting. For the 2017 model year, there are 50 reports at CarComplaints for the CR-V. There are fewer for the Civic, but they are there as well. I spoke in person to a Honda employee employed in communications about this. The person was aware of the issue in the Chinese market but acted as if it was unknown in the N. American market. That made me worry more, not less. Read the owner reports at CarComplaints and you will see that Honda is not offering owners a solution. There are 100 TSBs for the 2017 CR-V. Three that I can count are related to oil leaks.

I hate to say it, because I LOVE the new 1.5-liter turbo and CVT drivetrain in the Honda line, but I can’t recommend any vehicle with this drivetrain for the same reasons I can’t recommend Subarus with the 2.5-liter engine. There is an apparent problem that the manufacturer does not know how to resolve. Will it strike you if you buy one? Most likely not, but with so many excellent vehicles in the segment without these “low frequency, high consequence” problems, why risk it?

The cr-v never had a v6. Always 4cyl. How exactly are they downsizing the motor for improved mileage? Going from NA 2.0 motor to turbo 1.5? For a 10% mileage improvement?
Maybe because the turbo motor is in the civic and accord Honda said why not put it in the cr-v? A larger sample test size for turbo testing. Yep

It was a NA 2.4 L motor, I think.