2018 Chevy Trax radio issues

I have a 2018 Chevy Trax and ever since I’ve had the car, the radio will randomly cut off. No music and the screen goes completely black. Most times it will come back on after a minute or two, but this last time, it went off and didn’t come back on. Couldn’t listen to music, OnStar couldn’t work and the backup camera guidelines weren’t visible. The next day, everything was working fine. What is causing this? This is really frustrating to deal with and honestly, I don’t think I should be having this problem.

2 year old vehicle with a 3 year-36,000 mile warranty.

If it has less than 36K miles, let Chevy fix it under warranty. If over 36K, I’d still let the dealer diagnose the problem because these systems are so embedded in the car.

4 Likes

When you took it back to the dealership, what did they say?
If you were not satisfied with their efforts/response, did you complain at the corporate level?

1 Like

@VDCdriver, I actually have an appointment to take the car in on Monday, 12/28.

That’s good, but I’m curious.

Why did you wait two years to hold their feet to the fire over this obvious warranty issue?

Good question. When it first happened, especially since it was something that lasted for a few seconds, I just disregarded it. When it happened again, I got sick, was unable to drive and didn’t have anyone to take it to the dealership for me. In the meantime, I would contact them and they would give me different excuses for why this could be happening. When this last incident happened, it was the last straw for me. After contacting the corporate office, they were the ones that were able to contact the dealership, get an appointment scheduled and said they would also follow up with the dealership about this.

3 Likes