2019 Chevrolet Trax radio trouble

Same problem as above. The radio goes blank for minutes at a time with. Music still plays but screen is unreadable due to going black etc. This problem has happened 11 or 12 times since I have had the car (13 months now). I contacted GM direct and of course they will not due anything about it except reprogram it. I am really tired of this continuing problem. Why should I have to keep restarting the radio when? This is very inconvenient and should not happen!!

You have a 3yr./36000mi. bumper-to-bumper warranty. Keep after the dealership until they replace your radio.

1 Like

My car has been in the dealer at least 6 or 7 times now for the radio problem and it is only 14 months old and they keep telling me that because it does not happen when they are checking it out they CAN NOT DO anything. I even called The General Motors company direct to complain and they told me they can not do anything either. They just don’t care at GM.

Then you have two options: 1. Get the lawyers involved, or 2. Take it to a car stereo shop and have an aftermarket radio installed at your own expense.

Unfortunately the 2 options are not cheap so I am stuck with a lemon radio.

The dealer’s hands are tied. Unless they can duplicate the problem, they can’t do anything about it. Is it more frequent than before? If so, it will eventually show up for the dealer and then they can do something about it.

It’s not that Chevrolet doesn’t care, they have to see a problem to repair it. All auto manufacturers would do the same. If you owned a Toyota, they would say no too. Intermittent electronic problems are frustrating.

1 Like