2018 Chevrolet Malibu - Faulty / Uncalibrated Headlights?

So recently I noticed my headlights were a bit off when driving. I could only see roughly 15 feet in front of me without my high beams causing me to have to keep my high beams on any time I drive at night. I’ve tried adjusting the height of the headlights using the adjuster under the hood of the car and still had no luck. Not to mention there is a strange pattern as well.

Image 1
Image 2

Here are a couple of pictures I took to show what it has been doing. In the second picture, I was roughly 7 feet away from the wall(I backed away another 8-9 feet and it looked the same). Both headlights are doing the same thing just to note. I’m not 100% sure what it could be so I figured I would bring my problem here in hopes of someone being able to boil down the problem rather than spending some money to have someone look at it.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t have to spend money on this as the car is still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer, inform them the car was delivered with misaimed headlights, and ask them to correct it under warranty.

4 Likes

I was waiting for someone to mention the fact that a 2018, unless damaged in an accident to the point that it now has a salvage title, should be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.

1 Like

I guess I probably should’ve mentioned it has a rebuilt title. There’s nothing that’s under warranty that I know of.

That changes everything . . .

The car was hammered, I presume

There could still be all sorts of things literally out-of-whack

You might want to go to a good body shop . . .

2 Likes

The pattern looks normal to me. Newer cars often have illumination patterns with sharp cutoff on top. Took me some time to get used to that on my Ody. Any decent dealership should be able to verify/adjust the beam alignment for a small fee. If they cannot achieve factory specs, lets you know it may have body damage not properly corrected during salvage restoration. Then take it to a body shop for inspection.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I’ll take it to my local dealership and have it looked at and follow up here once I figure out what it is. Thanks to everyone who replied!