2017 Nissan Rogue - Pebble puncture

Is it possible for a pebble to puncture the AC compressor? Nissan dealership repair department representative says this is what happened to my 2017 Nissan Rogue which ive owned for 1 year 9 months. Is there a class action suit pending for this type of factory damage?

You canā€™t be serious , a class action suit for this. Yes it is possible but really unusual .

Why do you think this is factory damage? The dealer called it rock damage. What evidence do you have to prove otherwise?

If there was a class action suit, you will most likely have sold the car by the time it is settled for 10 cents on the dollar.

This is a road hazard incident, not a defect.

Your condenser was likely punctured, not your compressor. And this is not a factory defect, it is no different than a flat tire from a nail in the road. The cost is on you.

2 Likes

It may be covered under the ā€˜comprehensiveā€™ part of your car insurance - have you checked with your agent?

Yeah like a radiator, stones can do some damage. I donā€™t know about a live stone or a dead stone. When I hit a raccoon that killed my radiator, my insurance agent wanted to know if it was dead or alive. I said it was alive before I hit it and then was dead. A live raccoon was covered by insurance but not a dead one.