2017 Honda Civic Sdn - Nav issues

A GPS problem. After having the car for 2 months, I drove to a neighborhood I wasn’t familiar with around Cambridge MA (I’m from NY) and the GPS got me there in 15 min. It took 1 hr 15 min to get home. I would follow the instructions, and it told me to make a U-turn, Figuring I messed up, I did this another 3 times (it was after midnight!) before I finally found my own way home to Medford. After similar misdirections from this GPS (came with the car) which took me far out of my way, I finally looked at the screen and saw that the GPS had my car in a different area than I was driving in. Sometimes it shows me driving through forests and farmlands that are within 2 miles of me. I thought it was interference from my EZ pass, so I removed the EZ pass. No difference. Short of bringing the car into Honda where I will have to twiddle my thumbs for a few hours, or worse than that, they will keep it and leave me carless for awhile, any suggestions on how to correct this?

You have two options here, Use the navigation on your phone or Take it to the Honda dealer.

1 Like

I was born in Cambridge, lived in Medford, and went to high school in Cambridge. Even I get lost leaving Cambridge sometimes! There may be one other option. Some Nav systems can be “recentered.” Check the manual. In some test vehicles, the Nav has done that to me and then fixed itself. It seemed to happen after I parked in parking garages. It may self-resolve. I do like Mustangman’s suggestion. If your CIvic has Android Auto or Apple Carplay, I’d go that route.