2017 Chrysler Pacifica jerks at slow speed

Dear Car Talk, I drive a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. It is a really great van for my wife and I. It has one big problem that is really annoying. At slow speeds, going from reverse to forward, going around a corner, pulling away from a stop sign, it will abruptly jerk almost to a stop and than lurch forward. I have been to my dealer 3 or 4 times about it. They can not find any reason for this. I called Chrysler. No satisfaction there either. I looked it up on the internet several months ago and found about 150 other Pacifica owners with the same problem but, no solutions. I told my service guy at the dealer about this web site, because I am sure he thought I was just imagining this or did know how to drive very well. Still no solution in sight. I just don’t know how to pursue this as apparently there are a lot of us having this problem and Chrysler is choosing to ignore us. Do you have any suggestions?..Ben

Yes, keep taking it into the dealer for this problem, insist they fix it. Get it documented that you attempted to have it fixed and the dealer failed. Document everything.

Research your state’s lemon laws.

When it hits the trigger for a lemon law buy-back, make Chrysler replace it or buy it back.

1 Like