2016 Kia Sedona locks 3 times when putting into gear

We bought a used 2016 Kia Sedona with only 70k miles on it. Worked great till about a month ago and when you put the car into gear from park, the doors are supposed to lock, but mine lock 3 times, every time. Then a few weeks later, when you take the keys out of the ignition, the van believes the keys are still in the ignition for about a minute after you take them out. The radio continues to play, you can’t lock the vehicle, etc. Also, now when locking with the key fob, it will no longer honk when you double press the lock button. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

It sounds like a bad BCM.

Tester

How can I check that?

Also, none of the things on that article are happening. Our battery works great, no lights on the dash, it always starts with no issues.

Sounds like a problem with a door ajar switch, the lock 3 times might be an indicator that there is a door open and the audio system should shut off when the drivers door is opened. But no door ajar warning message on your display?

1 Like

I would find the fuses that power the BCM and pull them for 5 minutes and work from there . I was having issues with the TPMS system on my car and nothing fixed it until I pulled the power to the BCM and reset . Never saw the problem again . Also make sure there is no TSB’s for problems like you are seeing .