2016 Hyundai Veloster - Limps - Mechanics at a loss

There is a video on youtube about a guy explaining how to treat a dual clutch automatic, I think anyone who has one should watch it.
As far as salespeople telling the costumer about it, I wouldn’t keep my hopes that high. Last time, I wanted to test drive a newer Tucson and was skipping on the DCT trim, the salesman said “yeah, a lot of people don’t like CVT’s”.

Yeah. My wife’s car is a '12 Veloster. First year of the car, and first DCT Hyundai put in a car that I know of. The shift programming is wonky which leads to occasional weird jerks or sluggishness on starts. I was sure that thing was gonna grenade at some point, but it’s got 93,000 on it now and it’s never had a problem.

We checked out the turbo Veloster when it came out. I was just making conversation while driving it. The dippy salesgoober was in the back seat. I asked “So, this is a twin-scroll turbo right?” Salesdweeb gives me this pitying look, as though concluding I’m entirely too clueless to exist. “… Sir… It’s a Veloster.”

Thanks for the input. The car is still in the shop. Should get it back Monday. I sure appreciate all your wise input and hope to get up to 100,000 miles some day. But I’m taking the advice and sell it before it hits that mark. BTW I chose to purchase a Hyundai because statistically they had fewer insurance claims for repairs than most auto companies. Live and learn. Nothing is perfect.

Can you give me more specifics regarding this video so I can find it and watch it.?

Insurance claims for repairs ? Insurance claims are for accidents , storm damage or vandalism .

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/2016-tucson-ix35-models/617906-dct-problems-gearbox-how-use-explained.html

If you have time to read;

My girlfriend has a 2013 Velostor Turbo automatic and I had my friend(whom is a mechanic) plug his computer and he just advised me to change plugs and boots. I thought is was transmission problems at first but the transmission shop said its fine and throwing code of 1st cylinder miss fires. That when I had my friend check it out then he cleared the code and stuff. So then I changed the oil and filters, new plugs and it was idling good. Drove it and the rpms wont exceed 3000 and its lagging so much! I mean Im glad transmission place said its not the trany but wtf! Fixing and trading it in asap but I need to get this running yesterday! One repair shop stated “It sounds like to me it in limp mode.”… well me to bro! This velcro car needs fixed!

A misfire will likely damage the cat. That’s why the computer it putting it in limp mode, to save you the expense of replacing the cat. Possible causes of single cylinder misfires are

• spark plug faulty
  • spark plug wiring faulty
  • spark plug coil faulty
  • too much or too little gasoline (faulty injector)
  • too much or too little air (faulty valve or air leak allowing unmetered air into the engine)

If replacing the spark plugs and high voltage wiring doesn’t solve it, and the coil tests ok, ask the shop if they think checking for air leaks is worthwhile. They might be able to run a tube emitting small amount of propane around that area of the engine, and if the engine speeds up they’ll know there’s air getting sucked into the engine at that location. they have tests for the injectors available too; e.g. injector balance test, fuel pressure hold test etc.