2016 Buick Cascada seatbelt trouble

My seatbelt will not automatically advance anymore. Anyone have this problem.

Call the dealer to see if there is an extended warranty since it is a safety item. If no warranty any competent body shop can fix this, independent shops are usually less expensive than a dealer

4 Likes

If the dealer won’t cover it (they may but most likely won’t), try calling Buick’s customer service number. I used to work for Chevrolet and authorized many seatbelt repairs for dealers to replace seatbelts on vehicles that were out of warranty (sometimes way out of warranty) based solely on the fact that the customer called and asked. It’s worth a shot.

1 Like

Some manufacturers include a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts and related mechanisms. Subaru is one of them, so I think it is worthwhile for the OP to check to see if… perhaps… Buick also includes that type of coverage.

Was your car involved in a minor accident just before this problem was noticed? Or maybe just a very quick stop?

1 Like

By advance, do you mean the fabric portion is stuck, or since this is a convertible, do the seatbelts automatically move when you open/close a door?