2016 Buick Cascada - rims are dented

I bought new tires from my Buick Dealer. When the service was complete the NEE TIRES were dirty looking and had white glue smeared on the sidewalls. In addition the rims had scratch marks and look like they were hammered and gouged on the edges. Dealer says that’s how they were before they installed new tires. Also said I probably scraped tires on curb when parallel parking. I have never parallel parked this car. Dealer does not want to repair rims.

That is bead lubricant that will come off in the car wash.

That would be from scraping against curbs, a common activity.

I see cars that are only one year old that have all four wheels damaged, it seems that these people damage the left side wheels going though a drive though hamburger joint.

Thanks for the response but I have NEVER parallel parked this car. I live in a suburban area where most parking is diagonal.

I still think the car mechanic at the dealership did the damage when he put the new tires on.

I complained A LOT and the dealer did detail the NEW TIRES so now they look like BRAND NEW TIRES. For $1500 they should have done a better job.

1500.00 for 4 tires ? What are these tires or was other work done ?

Goodyear Pilots 20”. Only work was put on new tires and alignment.

Bonnie , the thing about Forums is you can receive advice even if not asked for . Here is mine , the price you got seems about right for those tires . But before the next tire purchase please do a little online research because there are very good tires by other brands that are not as expensive .

1 Like

Yes. Thanks . I understand you. I checked with a local mechanic shop who has done very good work for me on other car. He advised me to go to Discount Tire saying that they could give me a better deal than he could. I got tires for my CRV at Discount Tire. Twice. I know they are good too. They quoted me on Michelins which were less expensive .
I decided to go to the dealer because the car is still under warranty. I bought it used from this dealer.

I’m just surprised the dealer service department did what I thought was a “crappy “ job. After I complained, they did clean them up. They look nice now.

I did not feel respected as a customer. And at the same time, I like the people there. I love my Cascada . It’s the cutest car ever.

Years ago I had a Mercury Cougar - also a very nice car and a better riding car than the Cascada. But I don’t like big cars anymore. It just hurt my feelings that the NEW TIRES looked much worse than the old tires.

The new tires are driving beautifully - and quiet. The used tires were cupped. I’m guessing they were just cheap tires.

Thanks for your comments. There’s a LOT I don’t know about cars. So, I appreciate your advice.

By the way, the new ones are Goodyear Eagles.

Better riding because it did not 20 inch low profile tires and was built to have that boulevard ride.

Yes, it had a luxury ride. Loved that car.

But I love the Cascada because I think I secretly wanted a convertible. And I bought it because it was in top condition. Not a mark or scratch on it. Interior is perfect. Just the tires were bad.

I enjoy driving it. It’s small. It’s cute. Black with ivory/tan interior. Just a sharp car.

Most people around here don’t parallel park, they damage their wheels going through drive-thrus.

The guides on the tire mounting machine are all plastic, they won’t scratch the wheels. It is possible that he may have left marks on your wheels by using a pry bar, that would look different than curb scratches.

The moral of the story is don’t return to this dealer for any future work. They sound like they don’t give a cr*p about their customers.

No such tire exists to my knowledge. Do you mean Michelin Pilot Sport?

1 Like

Sorry… Goodyear EAGLE… THATS what I bought. The tires are good. I’m not mad at the tires. I’m mad at the dealer.
They did clean them up after I went wild. But, I still think they scratched up the rims.

I got a repair estimate from GERBER.They quoted me over $1400 to fix the rims.

Bonnie
Have a Happy Day!

Can you post a picture of the scratches? I’m sure several here that perform tire mounting can comment if the damage could be caused by the change process or equipment…

1 Like

Bonnie
Have a Happy Day!

Bonnie
Have a Happy Day!

Bonnie
Have a Happy Day!

In

Bonnie
Have a Happy Day!

Bonnie
Have a Happy Day!