2015 Certified Honda CRV

I really do not understand why you are not looking at a new Honda CRV LX. It can’t be that much more than these used ones that don’t seem to measure up to what you expect. New ones have better loan rates , warranty and close to zero miles. The LX is nicely equipped . You mentioned budget so lets assume you are paying cash ( I did so just recently for a new vehicle ) that would let you put a large down payment and have very little on a loan.

BTW: I already purchased the vehicle. So, I will make sure the dealer addresses all of the concerns. Thanks

Because it’s already a done deal as posted above-

I don’t disagree with your position as I would do likewise. I certainly wouldn’t put up with all the issues and shenanigans if I decided to spend the extra money for a CPO. One stumbling block and I’d move on. Plenty of cars to look at…

It’s unusual to have a pull to the left. Pulls to the right are much more common as reported here, b/c that’s the way the road tilts, (assuming you are located in a drive on the right hand side of the road country). So there’s likely some actual issue that’s causing the pull to the left. Could be an alignment problem, but tires can cause that too. First off, make sure all the tires have the same pressure. Then if it still pulls left, you could ask the shop to swap the tires, left/right, as an experiment. If the pull now goes to the right, you know it is a tire problem, not an alignment problem.

It’ll work out fine. Lot’s of us on this forum are very cautious people who worry a lot about everything, but you did your homework, and the vehicle you bought is a solid, reliable product. Deep breath, try to move on to the load of other worries you have, you did good.

1 Like

Will do thanks

George_San_Jose1

June 29

omsairam911:
The car slightly drifts to the left while driving

It’s unusual to have a pull to the left. Pulls to the right are much more common as reported here, b/c that’s the way the road tilts, (assuming you are located in a drive on the right hand side of the road country). So there’s likely some actual issue that’s causing the pull to the left. Could be an alignment problem, but tires can cause that too. First off, make sure all the tires have the same pressure. Then if it still pulls left, you could ask the shop to swap the tires, left/right, as an experiment. If the pull now goes to the right, you know it is a tire problem, not an alignment problem.

Thanks.Will take the car to the dealer next week. Going on a road trip to NC, with my son. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Folks! I would like to inform you that I took my CRV to the dealership ( Honda of Danbury) today.
As you might recall, I emailed the list of concerns to the General Manager, Jay Whitlock. He emailed back and assured me that all of my concerns will be addressed and I will not incur any cost.
The following work has been done today:

1. The steering wheel drifting to the left----performed Alignment and wheel balance
  2. The driver side window rattling—Secured door window regulator
  3. Fuel smell coming out of vents—Did not smell anything, nothing leaking, fuel or oil or other, cleaned micron and sprayed deodorizer
  4. Drain and refill transmission fluid with genuine Honda ATF-Z1 or MTF
  5. Detailing of the car ( inside and outside). They were not able to do that the day I purchased the car.
  6. Rattling on the passenger side could not be determined and was associated with the packet of baby wipes placed in the passenger door pockets
  7. Multipoint inspection completed
  8. Performed Computerized 4 wheel alignment On Hunter DSP400
  9. Rotated and balanced all 4 wheels
    It took them roughly five hours to complete the job. My overall experience was pleasant. The car drives well now.
    I would like to thank all of you for your guidance, advice, and good wishes. Have a great day.
1 Like

A Certified vehicle should have had all of that done before ever putting on the lot with a Certified sticker on it.

It’s great to hear that your concerns are resolved.

However (and there’s always a however or but…) on a CPO car none of this should have been needed.

Given the car drifting to the left and a loose window regulator on the driver side door the thought off collision damage does cross my mind. I hope that I’m dead wrong on this.

It’s difficult for me to see how a package of baby wipes could rattle.

Some come in a plastic case . But that shows they did a lousy job of detailing the vehicle. I know John Goreham will not agree but I think CPO vehicles as a rule are a joke.

Good for the dealership to take care of the remaining niggles, and without complaint. Thanks for the update. Happy motoring .

Thank you very much!

Agreed with Volvo-V70 as usual. I’ve never though of baby wipes in a plastic case as the ones I’ve seen were in small plastic bags. Then again, I haven’t dealt with babies in a million years.

Since camber and caster is not adjustable and toe (which is adjustable) I have a hard time seeing how any toe discrepancy would cause a pull. That usually causes a wander.

If any of the 3 major specs are out of whack quite a bit then one has to seriously consider the possibility of a collision, curb strike, etc. Again, I hope I’m dead wrong.

If the OP received a printout of the alignment they should look that printout over carefully and make sure nothing was out of kilter.

Correction: the baby wipes were in a plastic bag, not plastic container. Sounded like a small cricket was there. maybe the bottle holder…maybe I should turn on some music and won’t hear a thing:-)
However, the front bumper, driver side has a couple of tiny scratches, touch up paint was applied today.