2014 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Cost for ignition switch?

What’s the average cost for ignition switch repair?

Who knows ? Your location , shop that does the work and the price of parts all go into the final cost .

Sorry , you just have to pick up the phone and call an independent shop if you can’t do the work yourself .

1 Like

There are so many variables involved in any car repair that it’s near impossible to quote a price. One might price a repair and it could be 500 to 1200 dollars. It varies by locale, parts markup, shop hourly rates, and so on.

The car is a 2014 so what makes you so sure it needs a switch or has that been diagnosed by someone already? If already diagnosed by a shop then they should have quoted a price.

1 Like

An ignition switch is $85 and 1.3 hours of labor. If you assume that labor cost in your area is less than $200 per hour you can calculate that this is not a $2000 repair.

1 Like

Go here and look up your car: repairpal.com

Good luck.

1 Like

I appreciate your reply. I am not a mechanic, and was looking for ballpark figures to compare when I talked to the mechanic. I’ve gotten all work done on this Jetta at the dealer, an so knew that it would be a little pricier. Turns out that I needed the ignition housing (plus a couple subsequent parts) which totalled about $485. It comes with a 12,000 warrantee. Since this is the first issue with 170K on the car, I’m confident that it will outlive the warrantee.

Thank you for the good information. I am not a mechanic, and was looking for ballpark figures to compare when I talked to the mechanic. I’ve gotten all work done on this Jetta at the dealer, an so knew that it would be a little pricier. Turns out that I needed the ignition housing (plus a couple subsequent parts) which totalled about $485. It comes with a 12,000 warrantee. Since this is the first issue with 170K on the car, I’m confident that it will outlive the warrantee.