2014 Toyota RAV4 - Rattles

Something came loose in the sun roof of my Rav 4 and rattles every time I hit a bump. Is this common for Rav 4’s ? How difficult is it to fix ?

Have you tried cycling the sunroof to full open then full closed? Does it rattle only when open? Closed? Both?

1 Like

Try typing 'Rav 4 Sunroof 'into the forum search function, link upper right this page. Maybe other RAV 4 owners have posted about this same problem. I’m not aware of any Rav 4 specific issue, but sunroof problems are a pretty common complaint here in general.

You didn’t understand my problem. Something came loose from the sun roof and is rattling in the ceiling. The sunroof is not the problem.What came loose from the sun roof is.

You didn’t understand my problem. Something came loose from the sunroof and is rattling in the ceiling. The sunroof is not the problem. What came loose is.

Everybody can see your post, so no need to double post the same thing…

Does the sun roof work normal still?? sounds like it does…

You or a shop will have to open it and look for missing screws, hardware etc…
Also a pebble/rock could be making the noise, a squirrel/mouse could have dropped part of a shell in there, anything could have happened…

You can try opening the roof and hitting the headliner with the palm of your hand (like you are patting a child on the head, not like you are trying to kill something) to see if you can make the noise, but it is probably best to let a pro mechanic that works on sun roofs check it out for you…

The OP should take his vehicle to a well-reputed body shop in his area.
Body shops have experience with resolving this type of problem.

Complete waste of time

Found a thread on a Rav4 Forum with the same rattle in a 2014 Rav4, could be a couple different things.
Moonroof rattle | Toyota RAV4 Forums (rav4world.com)

1 Like