2014 Nissan Xterra - Wrong fuel (this time in reverse)

I have recently bought a Nissan Xtrail 1.6L diesel engine. When I purchased from a dealer, the guy accidentally put petrol in it and didn’t realize it. But when I drove my car to my home at about 20km, there was noisy sound coming from engine and called my dealer. They are fixing my car but my question was should return as it can have any problem in the future?

Will he give you your money back? If not, then your question is moot.

This is a first gas in a diesel instead of diesel in gas that we normal’y get.

4 Likes

When in CA, we had a diesel 2 1/2 ton box truck. One of the junior enlisted drivers filled it with gas. To be sure he did not repeat that error a different airman filled out D150 (318) with diesel!

Unfortunately, putting gas in a diesel car does usually cause some expensive damage (unlike the other way around). I’d be concerned about the dealer fixing everything fully, given that they’re paying for it, so if they’re offering a way out of keeping this car, I’d be tempted to take them up on that.

I don’t understand what you mean? Do you mean somebody put a sign “diesel only” on the gas cap? Were you located in the Ridgecrest area? I enjoy to stop by that town on the way to Death Valley.

Edwards AFB. Yes vehicle stated what they ran on!