2014 Jeep Patriot - Shakes

2014 Jeep Patriot with 69,793 miles one month later as i’m driving on the expressway i couldn’t go over 60 miles an hour because the vehicle started shanking so hard that the steering wheel would jump and the front end and i couldn’t accelerate. that’s the promb

You’re right, that’s a promb. We all know you want to ask a question, so ask. Here are some examples:
What is shaking?
Why is it shaking?
What can be done about the shaking?
Why did I even buy a Jeep?

4 Likes

I presume you mean “What’s the problem?” I’m not a mechanic but there are some basic possibilities: An unbalanced wheel, maybe one of them lost a balance weight. A bad tire or damaged wheel. Loose lug nuts. Worn suspension parts. You might simply need a wheel alignment. There’s likely more things I haven’t thought of and someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in with them.

Steering wheel jump points to possible front wheel bearing/suspension problem. Ask your shop to put vehicle on lift for a look see. They might decide to run it in gear on the lift as well. I’m guessing ball joint problem, but just a guess is all. Shop needs to take a look asap, safety related .

If your Jeep is 4WD, does the problem occur in 2WD mode only, or in both 2WD and 4WD modes?

1 Like