2013 Toyota Tacoma - Broken leaf spring

Left side broken leaf spring. Will Toyota cover the repair cost?

No they will not .

3 Likes

9 year old car far, far out of warranty… No, the cost is on you.

3 Likes

I had to go back to refresh my memory about the model year of your truck.
After seeing that it is now 9 years old, I have to ask:
Why would you expect any manufacturer to cover repair costs for a vehicle that old?

If the spring was defective, it would have broken long ago, so any thought that it was defective should be dismissed from your mind.

3 Likes

Absolutely not. Why would they?

3 Likes

I just had a thought…
In 1959, one of the leaf springs on our 1955 Plymouth broke.
Can I still pursue Chrysler for the repair cost since the car was only 4 years old?
:wink:

1 Like

Toyota had some frame rust issues where they would replace the frames on some vehicles long after warranty, I have heard. Maybe that’s what they’re thinking of.

2 Likes

Also no, because that leaf spring also lasted well past the stated warranty period, which was probably 12months/12,000miles.

What is it with all these people who expect things to last forever and never have to pay for a repair?

I think VC was being sarcastic/joking

2 Likes

I guess that you didn’t notice the winking emoji in my post.

And, in any event, the Statute of Limitations is loooong past.
Yes, it was a joke, albeit a poorly-received joke.

I’m sure he was, and so was I! :stuck_out_tongue:

There was an service program to repair rusted Tacoma frames, 2010 and older. Not your year, nothing about springs.

1 Like

I think you ought to go after Plymouth…errr, Chrysler…wait, Fiat? :laughing:

That’s what I was thinking. Older models. However, spring attaches to frame, you get the idea. Year model is too new, unfortunately. Which sounds ironic!

This truck is NINE years old. Just how long do you expect it to run with nothing breaking?

3 Likes

The recall on these only covered 2005-2011 models, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask the dealer.

You left out their latest corporate name, Stellantis.
Watch this spot for the next owner/name change…
:smirk:

2 Likes

Ask the dealer a question like this ? Why do that when you can go on the web and ask lots of people who have no idea of the real answer.

3 Likes

So you can get chastised by random strangers for asking. Always fun.

3 Likes

But, the OP could go to the local Toyota dealership, and he could hope that the service manager isn’t drinking coffee when this issue is presented to him. In that case, the OP should be prepared for a shower of spewed coffee, followed by…
Are you serious?