2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid - Ride control gone

They don’t want to replace it because the test does not show failure . They will not get reimbursed for the part or labor unless they can prove it is bad . No matter what kind of warranty you have . And extended warranties are notorious for trying to avoid paying for anything.

Ask the dealership to prove that theory. They can temporarily replace the module with another one. If the problem remains, the module isn’t the cause. They keep the module in their stores for when another customer’s car needs it, so there’s no parts expense to the dealership. If the problem is solved, the module obviously was the cause, disproving the dealership’s theory. There’s no need to speculate on whether the module is the cause or not.

False. The dealer must pay for the parts that are unused and sit on the shelf. The part could sit for 5 years before it is thrown away.

The next problem is who pays for the labor? If the technician spends 4 hours going over this with the customer or spends 4 hours with technical assistance performing diagnostic tasks there will be a significant labor bill.

Who’s responsible to pay for the labor has to be negotiated between the customer and the shop before proceeding. If the shop requires the customer to pay, and the customer refuses, that’s like a customer walking into Walmart and asking for a free tv set. Walmart’s not giving out free tv sets, so the customer leaves without one. Likewise, if the customer won’t pay, the customer’s car remains un-repaired.

No disagreement there’s an expense to the dealership for have parts laying around, but that’s part of the expense of doing business. Likewise there’s an expense to McDonalds for having to store hamburger buns. Somehow McDonalds is able to overcome that expense and remain in business.

A customer with a warranty expects everything to be paid for, how do you think the OP would respond to a $500 diagnostic fee?

You can’t compare computer modules to hamburger buns, hamburger buns are consumed daily much like motor oil in a shop.

Very helpful! Thanks.
Bob

has the dealer said that the difference from soft-firm is so slight that it is hard to tell even on a new car? i think you said their scanner says no problem detected but i have not heard if they also said they seem to think it does work as intended and they CAN feel a difference in the setting modes?

My 2013 Lincoln MKZ hybrid with 74k miles on it sound like a motor boat when I’m accelerating. The Lincoln dealership that services it appears clueless. It almost sounds like there’s a hole in the muffler but they assure me there’s not. This car is NOT what Lincoln sold it as. Luxury vehicle? Pfft

Can anyone give me any ideas what it could be?

Welcome to the forum.

You would get many more eyes on your post if you started a new post for this motor boat sound instead of tagging onto a 4 year old ride control post.

3 Likes