2013 Kia Optima SX clanking noise

Whenever I accelerate I hear a metal clanking noise as if there was something stuck underneath the front of the vehicle. I pulled over and checked the undercarriage and did not see anything and then checked under the hood. My coolant was extremely low and the oil was in a normal range. What could be the cause of this metal clanking noise whenever I accelerate. Also I have white smoke coming from exhaust when I accelerate as well. Just want some ideas of what it could be before I have it taken to my nearest Kia dealership as it’s still under warranty. Anything could help. Thank you.

@Mussy

“My coolant was extremely low”

“I have white smoke coming from the exhaust when I accelerate”

Based on the symptoms, it sounds like the coolant level is low, because it’s finding its way into the combustion chamber, where it’s being burnt up, causing white smoke

You will eventually damage your engine, spark plugs, catalytic converter, etc.

As a matter of fact, there may already be engine damage, because you mentioned a “metal clanking noise whenever I accelerate”

Go to the Kia dealer and drop it off. It will get repaired under warranty, at no cost to you

Good luck, and please post back with the dealership’s findings

+1 to db’s post.
Get this checked ASAP. If he’s right, and he probably is, it’s going to get a whole lot worse if unaddressed.