2013 Chevy Malibu start issue

Hello,

Today I had some issue where I parked my car, and then turned it off and then for some reason when I came back the remote would not unlock the car. I had to use the physical key to open the door. Then I noticed the indoor unlock/lock switch would not work. I proceeded to put my key in the ignition switch and the dashboard would not light up nor would the car start up. Not only that but the key was stuck. It would turn all the way to start the car but it would not start and the key would not come out. It was working perfectly fine before this. Then I just left it in the on position. And after maybe 5-7 minutes it turned on the dashboard and the car was able to start. It worked well after that but what issue could this have been and should I look into it?

That can be an early indication of a Body Control Module starting to fail.

https://moduleexperts.com/5-common-symptoms-failing-body-control-module-bcm/

Tester

1 Like

Ask you shop to do a quick test to make sure the battery and alternator are working. Before the first start of the day the battery should measure about 12.6 volts Immediately after starting and idling the engine it should measure 13.5-15.5 volts.

1 Like

I strongly appreciate these answers and will take it to a shop as soon as I can with both of these in mind. Thank you.