2012 Toyota Camry - Which oil

Hello,my wifes car uses 0w20 full synthetic oil and we have always used Mobil one and my ? is, can i use a off brand? the car has 150,000 miles and the miejer brand is a full 1/3 the price,just have been wondering.Thank You,Chris

As granny used to say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it as long as it work’s I would not change just to save few $$$ a year.

1 Like

Compare what you spent on the car to how much you’ll save on the cheap oil. Is it really worth it?

1 Like

Toyota says you can use any SN 0W20. For my 2012 Camry I buy full synthetic Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum at Walmart. They don’t always have both in stock but they are less than $25 for a 5 quart jug. I buy them well before I need them and get rebates ranging from $8 to $13. I have not seen any kind of full synthetic oil for 1/3 of that. I buy the filters at the Toyota dealer around the corner from the Walmart for under $6.

Most oil is made by a few major distributors . If the oil meets the grade and specs it should be fine , I wouldnt skimp on the filters though . A lot of people use like Walmart oil without issues .