2011 kia sportage stuck in sport mode

I have turned the car off while the car is in sport mode. I have to shift the car while it’s in drive to a separate part. I have no idea how to get it back into automatic let alone back into Park.

I tried using the shift lock release, but it won’t allow me to switch from manual to automatic.

I’ve also tried unhooking the battery and reconnecting it, but it didn’t work.

I know almost nothing about cars and have never gone beyond replacing my battery and oil

The car is on, but not running in this video

https://www.justanswer.com/kia/caadw-shifter-stuck-sports-mode-won-t-move-anymore.html

Tester

possible cause…

Kia Recall SC098: Stop Lamp Switch May Function Intermittently — 2011 Sportage | CarComplaints.com

on the bottom it says…

Additionally, a malfunctioning stop lamp switch may also result in intermittent operation of the push-button start feature, affect the operation of the brake-transmission shift interlock feature preventing the shifter from being moved out of the PARK position and cause the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) malfunction light to illuminate.

1 Like

The shift lever is out of the park position, the brake switch shouldn’t be a factor when shifting from drive to lower gears.